Thursday, November 5, 2009

scrapbooking started only as a leisure past time to relieve my stress but somehow it took a turning point and subsequently it is now glued on me as an undivided passion.


i never initiated my work to go for sales. there has never been such plan but it happened. it started as gifts i made for my friends appreciating the bonding, for their birthdays or simply as farewell gifts. and realizing of how forgetful a person i am, i decided to preserve them in pictures and post them on my blogs for journaling purpose. not only for records but also for me to assess the progress i made.


gradually these pictures have attracted my FB friends, bloggermates, colleagues and friends of my children and i have since been receiving queries and orders for my work. i am pleased with myself because i have always wanted to make a mark in my life and scrapbooking has somehow let me create a colourful mark independently.


and now i have started to receive order from malaysia. but i need to survey how can the payment be transferred to me at their convenience. i do not wish to trouble anyone. for them, i want to execute something so beautiful that they will give the first look with a WOW!


i am currently studying tim holtz' layouts and creations. there is no way i can copy his work because i am really lousy at 'copy and paste'. tim, like the others namely marion, heidi, janet etc., never failed to leave his signature on his work. one look and you know it's tim's. that's what has always inspired me. i want to create my own signature work. i am making that my goal. 2009 will only last for another less than two months, and i am glad to bring my signature work over to 2010. it will be a brand new year with a brand new chapter in my scrapbooking. and to make it a more awesome mark, i have now decided to have my work reach my customers and fb fans with my own signature.

a label-cut will be printed on 120gsm/150gsm card and pasted outside the back-cover of the book, or at the back of a bookmark, etc. what do you think?








2 comments:

Guatyen said...

yay! for a better 2010! go zanas! hope you work out the payment plan. maybe we can sponsors each others art work in our blogs, like the giveaways in the so often artist blogs i read.

zanas said...

hi dear...sorry, just noticed that there was a comment left for this post.

that's a wonderful idea. but i need to know more about how it works. can recommend me 1 of the blogs for my reading?

thanx :p